Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Reader Profile research - Target Audience

As part of my research for my main task in AS Media - creating a music magazine - I have done some research into the target audiences of similar magazines, NME and Uncut. Through ipcadvertising, I have been able to study the reader profiles for these magazines, and this has therefore helped me to establish my own target audience in my music magazine. Links to these profiles are below:

http://www.ipcadvertising.com/resource/hvcjivb3x8p8oqk9bw285ffu.pdf
http://www.ipcadvertising.com/resource/ie8ggqzju8kgqdditq67k9hj.pdf

The reader profiles on these two particular magazines have included statistics about the gender of the majority of the readers, their average income, relationship status, median age and whether or not they are a student. As well as this, the reader profiles give details about how popular the magazine is, and how much it costs to create the magazine. These reader profiles have helped the magazine companies to learn more about their target audience and therefore how to include features which will interest and inspire them.

In order to form a similar 'relationship' with the target audience for my magazine, I have created a reader profile for my magazine, which I have included below.

My magazine's target audience is a teenage girl, and therefore I have included a lot of feminine things on my profile, such as makeup and jewellery. I have also included films that are popular among teenage girls, such as Mean Girls and Twilight, as well as considering popular figures such as Katy Perry and Enrique Iglesias who also interest teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment