Monday, 8 November 2010

SurveyMonkey response

https://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey_ShareResults.aspx?sm=TBctE%2fTvuhen0ANxZXN92gdgHitQWBtPoszE34pF95Kq1tUBhXJcFqFL0VdOi2Kk

This is the response for my survey, created on SurveyMonkey. In this questionnaire, I tried to target specifically those who I wanted to include in my target audience; teenage girls. I tried to include questions which I had not had answered in my previous questionnaire. I have analysed the questions below.

1. 50% of the girls answering my survey stated that their favourite genre of film was Romance, the other half chose Romantic Comedy. This shows that they watch films that are light-hearted or sad; more feminine films such as 'Dear John' and 'Mean Girls'.

2.  The results of this question were fairly varied. 16.7% chose 'Once a week' as their answer to the question 'How often do you watch films?'. 33.3% watch films twice a week, another 33.3% watch them once a month, and 16.7% unspecifically chose 'Other' as their answer. This shows a variety of different personalities, but a fairly frequent amount of film-watching.

3. 66.7% of my target audience have a job, showing that they earn their own money regularly. This is important to me, especially considering a price for my music magazine and ensuring that customers get their value for money.

4. Half of my target audience do not earn any money monthly. The other half earn different amounts; 16.7% earn up to £50, the same amount earn up to £100 and another 16.7% earn more than £200 monthly. This shows that I will need to be careful when pricing my music magazine, and once again will ensure I consider value for money.

5. I asked my target audience where they usually shop for clothes as I hoped that this would help me to identify different personalities and styles within the audience. The majority of my readers shop at New Look; a fairly cheap high street store. Half shop in Topshop, which is slightly more expensive; a third purchase clothes from the cheapest high street store, Primark, and one person regularly buys from River Island. This is important as it shows that most of my readers wear the same sorts of clothes, and so will have similar interests and personalities.

6. Most of my readers spend an average of between £20 and £50 monthly, so this means that they put aside as little as £5 or as much as £12.50 aside each week to allow for clothes. This could show that they buy a new outfit weekly, and so fashion is important to them.

7. Most of the girls taking the survey would prefer to see 'Famous men' inside a music magazine, and this is important as it shows what kind of feature will attract them to a music magazine. Obviously I will not be able to include an original photograph of a famous man in my magazine, but this has helped me to decide that a man should be included in order to appeal the most to my target audience.

8. 50% of my target audience stated that they would be most attracted to a magazine with a woman on the front cover. This has been very useful to me, as it has helped me to decide that a female will be on the cover of my own magazine in order to provide maximum appeal to the audience.

9. 3 colours in my 'Pick your favourite colours' question appeared with 50% of the votes. These were pink, blue and purple, and so I shall be using two of them as the house colours for my music magazine.

10. The responses of this question are evenly balanced, from up to £10 to more than £40 spent monthly on music. This shows again that I will need to carefully consider price and value for money, in order to cater for all of my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment